Friday, July 29, 2011

Dr. Martens' forthcoming malpractice suit.

Doc-martens
The last time I bought a pair of Dr. Martens was in 1994. After an excruciating break-in period they were just about the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. Fairly bad-ass, too.

Cut to fall of 2010 when I buy my second pair, and they suck. Suck suck suck suck suck suck suck. The soles are so fucking painful that I'm pretty sure they've given me a case of plantar fasciitis.

The problem is that all the shoes, save for a "collector's edition", are now manufactured in Thailand. Not that I've anything against that particular country -- I've been there, nice place -- but whoever is making these things is not doing it like they used to in the UK.

So again, streek kids of Toronto, I've left you a little gift outside my favourite Queen Street shoe emporium. But beware: if I haven't already made it clear, they suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment